Friday, May 21, 2010

Syfy's Summer Schedule

Being so busy with graduation-related things, as well as finales of LOST, Modern Family, V, FlashForward, and Stargate Universe, I almost forgot about my two favorite scifi/Syfy shows: Eureka and Warehouse 13.

Warehouse 13 had a bit of a shaky start, but I think they found their groove on the later half of the season. It's the exact sort of freak-of-the-week show I was looking for. Star Trek has always been grate for that, but Enterprise wasn't quite the same (especially after the God-awful Xindi arch). Warehouse 13 seems like it will fit that niche nicely.

Second, Eureka. I remember when it was first advertised on Sci-Fi. I never got around to watching it until after the first season, but I was instantly hooked. Being four seasons deep into LOST, I was really looking for something relaxing. I love Eureka's quirkiness and tongue-in-cheek humor.

I was understandably very excited when I found out that Eureka and Warehouse 13 will have crossover episodes this summer. Fargo is coming to the Warehouse to upgrade security, and Claudia is taking a trip to Eureka for an episode. Both shows are so similar that this just makes perfect sense. I really can't wait to see what they do with it.

James Callis (Baltar on Battlestar Galactica) is also showing up on Eureka this season. I just saw him on FlashForward, and though he didn't play quite the same character, he was fantastic. Look up the clip of him eating a hamburger.
Despite my disagreement with the name change, their guest stars are quite awesome. Michael Shanks on Eureka was awesome, as was Dr. Fraiser.

What is really interesting is that two characters from Eureka were already on Warehouse, although they played different people.

Either way, this should be a really good summer. I'll be sad that LOST is ending, but at least Syfy will be kicking in to full gear.

Links:
Callis' first appearance on FlashForward: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paxeq8An0x0

Callis eating a hamburger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKzN6ltOoMc

No comments:

Post a Comment